Records & Enrollment Services

The Office of Student Affairs manages student records and enrollment services for the College of Human Medicine medical students. This includes:

  • Official student file and College database for all enrolled College of Human Medicine medical students
  • Maintenance of American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) Student Records System for College of Human Medicine medical students
  • Coordination of enrollment for all medical students
  • Coordination of grade submission and administrative changes for departmental courses
  • Oversees annual student file archiving project
  • Conferral of Medical Doctor (M.D.) degrees and certification of graduation requirements for seniors
  • National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1 score reporting and dissemination
  • Completion of requests for licensure verification and hospital board certification for all College of Human Medicine alumni
  • Provides requested historical student data
  • Coordinates the MSU Advanced Degree Ceremony for College of Human Medicine graduate programs

The College Records Unit is led by the College Records Officer and Coordinator of Enrollment Services and the Assistant College Records Officer.


Degree Verification

Requests for degree verifications or graduation verifications must come in writing from the student/graduate or from a third party if a Release of Information form has been signed by the student/graduate. Include any forms that need to be completed with the request. Requests cannot be taken over the phone.

Send a verification request to the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine Office of Student Affairs and Services:

Please allow 7-10 business days for processing verification requests. If an official transcript must be sent along with the form, please order the transcript from the University Registrar. Have it sent electronically via email to We will then send the form and transcript together.

Name Change

To officially change your name with the university, College of Human Medicine and AAMC, please email with a copy of one of the following items:

  • Driver’s license, official state ID card, Social Security card, court order of legal name change, or current passport.

Contact Information Change

To update your address and/or phone number with the College of Human Medicine, please email with your updated contact information.

To update your address and/or phone number with the university, please log-in to StuINFO to update with the Office of the Registrar.

Graduation Application

Students are required to apply for graduation by submitting the Office of the Registrar’s Graduation Application on or before the end of the first week of the semester in which the student is expect to complete all degree requirements.


The University Office of the Registrar will mail your diploma to the address provided on the Graduation Application.

To order a duplicate or replacement diploma, complete the University Office of the Registrar’s Duplicate/Replacement Diploma Order Form and submit as directed on the form.

Certified Copy of Diploma

The graduate may photograph or copy their diploma and shrink it to an 8.5x11 size and email to the appropriate staff from the University Office of the Registrar for certification:

The request must come from your MSU email address or a signed request must be included if your MSU email is not available. Payment of $25.00 in the form of credit card, check or money order can be made to the Degree Office.

Official MSU Transcripts

Current students and graduates of MSU CHM can request official transcripts through the University Office of the Registrar.

Order online

Unofficial MSU Transcripts

Current students can access their unofficial transcripts, including their grades by logging in to StuINFO.