Career Counseling and Development Schedule
Career planning is a developmental process beginning the very first year of medical school and continuing on as a lifelong journey. Throughout medical school, a student is faced with many career planning choices and decisions.
Our mission is to provide career guidance and assist students in choosing a medical specialty providing meaning, purpose, and passion as a practicing physician. CHM has integrated a comprehensive four year career development program to assist students in making good career decisions and be successful in the match. The College of Human Medicine Career Development Program invests in its student’s professional growth throughout medial school to prepare and send them into rewarding medical careers.
- Four-year comprehensive career education and development curriculum
- Individualized career counseling
- Large group presentations and small group workshops and discussion
- Annual Career Day and Residency career Fair for all 3rd year student
- Career Resources
- Career Advisory Board (CAB)
- GreenNetworker – compilation of career development activities and programs for students
- Coordination of Student Specialty Interest Groups
- Consultation with CHM Mentors
- National Residency Match Program (NRMP)
- Works with Community Assistant Deans and Community Administrators to insure compliance with rules and deadlines